Monday, May 16, 2016

My Half Marathon journey! Tinkerbell Half recap

I signed up for 2 half marathons, within 3 months of each other, so I figured that would make me train for it!  Well was I wrong...  I trained for the first one, and it went fine, finished in 3:45 and I walked most of it.  Now move onto the second one.  It was a run through Disneyland and California Adventure, and the streets of Anaheim.  Well we jogged most of that!  So excited, especially after not training for the three months prior to that!  Well, finished in 3:35, and that was with waiting in lines for almost 20 minutes!  So I finished technically in 3:15!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes I did PR for it!!!!

So how it starts, I woke up at 3:20 am in order to get ready. 3:20 AM!  Not a happy time to get up...  And I was not happy to get up, but I was excited to see what all the hype was about.  I picked up my friend and we headed to Disneyland, by 4 am...  again the hype kept us awake as we drove over to Disneyland, before the sun was up! 

We got to the starting line late so we were not allowed to go to our prospective corrals as they were already full, which was fine with me!  That meant I got to run with my friend =)  Waiting in line to start the race is where my hair got done =) 

This happened in 5 minutes thank you to Jody!!!!! ( And this was around mile 9 so we know it held well!)

The excitement, and support we had running this race was incredible!  I understand why people get addicted to running Disney marathons and why they shell out thousands of dollars to run them!    An amazing woman and her daughter, right around mile 9 were a God send.  They kept me jogging and running at a pace with me, encouraging me to keep going!  The pure joy that happened when I crossed the finish line I cannot even describe!!!!
And here it is folks!!!!!me crossing the finish line in my amazing tutu!  Made by A&E Custom Tutu's, you can find them on etsy =)  It was incredible!!!!  I think I will run it again next year, but for a charity =)

No comments: